It Takes A Village: VNV Wednesday Disjointed Gathering

The Village News & Views March 22, 2017
Wednesday Get Over the Hump Free for All

Howdy friendly Village people!

I wasn’t sure how long it would take for events to converge in such a way as to render me without a coherent theme or idea for my Wednesday blog posting here at Moose Pond, but it didn’t take that long. That day is here. It may return. We can only hope for the best.

Tonight I’m going to be doing something unexpected and fun, going to a concert. Duran Duran. I’ve seen them before, it was a number of years ago. I’ll let you know my thoughts afterwards if I have any. In the meantime, here’s a semi-random collection of Things I hope you may enjoy or at least not be too bored by.

He’s sinking faster than a drowning man
He’ll grab a hold of anyone he can
Gun in his pocket and a heart of ham
Uncle Sam…

He’s dying faster than a rabid dog
Infect us all now he’s losing blood
Nose for trouble and a soul of rock
Smokey’s man…

Don’t drag me down
I don’t wanna drown
Your going down
(Hay) NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

There’s not much flesh
Just skin and bone
Cheeks sunk deep
Eyes popping wide
Don’t put out a hand to help him
This drowning man will bite it right off
Right off , Right off , Right off..

He’s selling faster than a magazine
Infect us all with his TV screen
He’s selling faster than a magazine
Infect us all with his TV screen
He’s selling faster than a magazine
Infect us all with his TV screen
He’s selling faster than a magazine
Infect us all with his TV screen

Don’t drag me down
I don’t wanna drown
Your going down
(Hay) NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

Drowning Man song credits: Duran Duran, album Duran Duran (The Wedding Album) 1993
Copyright © BMG Rights Management US, LLC

Hope you enjoyed that, maybe it reminded you of someone.

Teen Vogue is still proving to be one of the awesomest political mags around:

Haters Are Going After Chelsea Clinton and Her New Book, ‘She Persisted’
Ugh.

Short piece about how they are coming for Chelsea. I’ve noticed this myself. Apparently some on the Right (and the Alt Left of course) are concerned that Chelsea might be considering politics, so they are preparing to discredit her entire existence in exactly the same way they smeared her mom. Not kidding. Google Chelsea Clinton, then look at top stores/news.

Chelsea Clinton Gets Lifetime Achievement Award for Doing Nothing

Chelsea Clinton Actually Does Care About the Money

Chelsea Clinton gets $250K/year Expedia board seat, just ‘cuz

Please God, not another Clinton

Participation trophy time: Variety gives The Hill a hand in its effort to make Chelsea Clinton happen

I’m not posting the links, you can find them if you want, but these are all from the last week. That’s right, seven days.

Meanwhile, that other First Daughter is setting up shop in the West Wing, and I do mean shop.

Have some Chelsea tweets…

Next Random Section

Thank you for your patience. Love and peace, Village! Enjoy your Wednesday gathering.

We are #StrongerTogether

We are #TheResistance and #WePersist

All are welcome!

51 comments for “It Takes A Village: VNV Wednesday Disjointed Gathering

1. inkaudlay
    March 22, 2017 at 8:57 am

Most hearty, heartfelt thanks, Momentary Grace, for this fine post.

“Drowning Man” could have been written for this very moment.

For those who care, there’s an interesting diary at the orange place, Is Daily Kos a Cyberwar Battleground.

• inkaudlay
      March 22, 2017 at 8:59 am

Oh, and thanks for the kittehs!

March 22, 2017 at 9:12 am

Always welcome for the kittehs! ♥♥♥♥♥

March 22, 2017 at 9:06 am

Yes indeed. Everyone raise your hands who are shocked at this revelation… yeah I thought not. All together now: But her emails! Oligarch! Speeches! Goldman Sachs! Warhawk! Corrupt! Coronation!

Did I forget any?

{{{{{{{{{inkaudlay}}}}}}}}}

• inkaudlay
        March 22, 2017 at 9:23 am

I’m interested in seeing how/if Kos addresses it. There’s lots to answer for.

March 22, 2017 at 9:54 am

He probably won’t. He’s never liked Hillary so it was easy to pretend this crap was “politics as usual” and ignore how his site was/is being played by the Extreme Right. (And Putin.)

• inkaudlay
            March 22, 2017 at 11:01 am

Also, the bots generated a lot of traffic to the site.

2. wordsinthewind
    March 22, 2017 at 9:20 am

good morning Momentary Grace, it’s a beautiful day here in the desert. We reached a record high yesterday for the third day in a row which makes me think that summer will be brutal, it’ll a real sorting of who actually wants to be here.

If those chumps at d k actually want people to believe that they were played and weren’t actively helping bernie and his fools destroy the Democratic Party and this county they’re going to have to re-do every admin action over the past year and half. All those folks they promoted and protected should be allowed to fail and every Clinton supporter driven off for being too articulate and telling too much truth deserves an open public apology. That will never happen as kos himself has never been able to admit he was ever wrong about anything. When he has been proven definitievely to be wrong he sends in some woman employee to clean up his mess and demand that no one hold kos accountable. Just another spoiled mama’s boy who expects the whole world to continue indulging him just like his mama did.

• inkaudlay
      March 22, 2017 at 9:26 am

I think you’ve most likely answered my question regarding the orange one, wordsinthewind.

March 22, 2017 at 9:41 am

Good morning wordsinthewind! It’s been in the low 80s here this week. Our summers tend to be generally brutal, swamp-heat brutal, jest a matter of degree. The Allen Brothers were such liars! ;)

And, tell us how you really feel about kos! :)

Anyone holding their breath?

• inkaudlay
        March 22, 2017 at 11:34 am

HAHAHAHAHA!

March 22, 2017 at 5:43 pm

There’s a diary at the 🍊about the Maddow show. The comments I read prove they just don’t get it. I admit, I read it early. Maybe later comments got smarter but I doubt it.

March 22, 2017 at 9:59 am

{{{wordsinthewind}}} – glad you are getting weather you feel comfortable with. At this point in the weirding of weather, no matter what time of the year that happens, enjoy it. :)

Not going to say Kos is spoiled – his history as a brown person in a lily-white neighborhood and school doesn’t support that. Nor does his changing parties to Dems while he was in the military. What I will say is he is part of a demographic that has misogyny issues and he’s a sterling example of how those misogyny issues play out from the Left.

• wordsinthewind
        March 22, 2017 at 11:03 am

some of the worst spoiled baby boys I’ve ever known were Hispanics whose mothers spoiled them to make up for the unfair treatment those baby boys were going to get from the public. Anyone who insists on being right to the point that others have to take the fall for them as I’ve seen elffing do numerous times over the years is a brat.

March 22, 2017 at 11:26 am

I concede that point. And admit to having been surprised by his behavior during the election – having expected the same rules as the 2008 season. It took a while for me to get the point. Anti-Hillary is anti-Hillary, it doesn’t matter if it’s couched as support for Obama in 2008 or “free speech” in 2016. It’s still anti-Hillary.

March 22, 2017 at 10:03 am

OK, I’ll display my cultural ineptitude for all to see…what’s a Fnord? I’m assuming it’s a sci-fi thing I’ve missed?

March 22, 2017 at 10:48 am

{{{DoReMI}}} Thank you for asking. I haven’t a clue either. LOL

March 22, 2017 at 10:49 am

A fnord is disinformation or irrelevant information intending to misdirect, with the implication of a conspiracy. The word originated in the obscure Principia Discordia, by Kerry Thornley and and Greg Hill, but it was popularized by the Illuminatus! trilogy (1975) by Robert Joseph Shea and Robert Anton Wilson.

Can You See the Fnords – Gary Cuba

A fnord is a propaganda word conditioned in the masses from a very young age to respond to, usually with fear, anxiety, or uneasiness, but unable to be seen by the general populace. (This definition originates in the Illuminatus trilogy of books by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson.) Sometimes it’s used in a sentence to denote a general conspiracy (often jokingly), or sometimes it’s used for no reason, especially by Discordians fnord.
      I heard that David Koresh is sharing an apartment in Argentina with Hitler fnord.

[fnord]
        March 22, 2017 at 11:27 am

{{{{MomentaryGrace}}}

That poor kitten…. And now I’m off to work, fnord!

March 22, 2017 at 11:38 am

Only his dignity was ruffled, but of course no one noticed. ;) May your day at work be hassle-free!

• inkaudlay
        March 22, 2017 at 12:17 pm

I learned a new word! Now, I have to use it in a sentence three times to remember it :)

March 22, 2017 at 12:44 pm

Fnord today P’resident t’Rump announced fnord free pudding for all WH staff fnord only $6.75!

• inkaudlay
            March 22, 2017 at 1:25 pm

Perfect, three times in one sentence :)

March 22, 2017 at 4:06 pm

yay me!!!!
    March 22, 2017 at 10:16 am

{{{MomentaryGrace}}} – Wish the song weren’t so true. Of an unfortunately larger chunk of America than we knew until this election. Throw them a line if they’ll accept it – but don’t let them grab you or they’ll drown you both. Most of the Evil Ones believe the only way they can be saved from drowning is to stand on the soon-to-be-dead bodies of minorities. They won’t grab the line we throw them.

Heading to DK – I’m doing more work there this week than I am at my actual job. Except the part about just being there to answer the phones and keep the office open, of course. But since some a**hole filed a complaint with YouCaring about Aji’s fundraisers the site shut down her account. That’s infuriating on a whole lot of levels a minor one of which is I need to go re-write her section of today’s Street Prophets. Also need to put the community links into the DK Village diary (Grace – thank you so much for putting the lynx in to hang them from) – re-writing Aji’s lines – and check on the BFSkinner fundraiser I posted last night. And a bunch more fundraiser stuff. But I’ve got the Pootie/Woozle diary for the day – that is at least relaxing. moar {{{HUGS}}}

March 22, 2017 at 10:45 am

What on earth was there to complain about for Aji’s fundraiser?

March 22, 2017 at 10:57 am

There are people who think Native American’s get free HUD housing and therefore fundraising for building a house is a scam. There are also people who think Native Americans living on the rez can get bank loans “like everyone else” (banks don’t loan money for houses they can’t foreclose on) and therefore fundraising for building a house is a scam. A number of those people are on DK and have made such comments in fundraiser diaries – and totally ignored the corrections. Apparently this time instead of complaining in a diary where they’ll be corrected or in a group kosmail thread where they can be ignored, one of them complained to the YouCaring site itself. (I sent a comment back to the YouCaring site saying something along the line of “don’t want to fundraise for Aji’s house? OK, we’ll do it through PayPal” – we’ll see if I get a response.)

• inkaudlay
          March 22, 2017 at 11:33 am

WTF. How low. That thinking probably comes from the stereotype that Native Americas get free stuff because gov’ment and CASINOS. Not anywhere near the truth.

March 22, 2017 at 11:47 am

Yep, that’s pretty much it. (And even reservations that have large casinos don’t make a lot of money per capita. The rez Aji and Wings live on has a small casino all of whose benefits go to baby supplies for new mothers.) It’s more white privilege dismissing minorities as lazy and/or evil.

• inkaudlay
              March 22, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Exactly!

March 22, 2017 at 10:53 am

Good heavens, why in the name of baby kittens would someone complain about fundraisers for a house for someone??? Good grief!

March 22, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Well, if you’re a greedy s.o.b. who wants a “legitimate” excuse to not help people, accusing them of not only not needing help but trying to scam folks out of money seems to work like a champ.

March 22, 2017 at 12:46 pm

I have a real fnord for those people. It’s between my first and third fnords and it stands tall and proud.

March 22, 2017 at 1:02 pm

srsly!

• inkaudlay
            March 22, 2017 at 1:27 pm

I commend you for your masterly use of fnord.

March 22, 2017 at 3:02 pm

{{{{{{{{fnord}}}}}}}}}
    March 22, 2017 at 10:46 am

Good morning Village Peeps! The Moose had indigestion with my first comment in the Welcomings, alas…

50 degrees and RAINING here, I am over the moon!!! (In case you can’t tell, I really, really, really love rain) Not sure how much it’ll rain today, but yesterday it rained heavily enough to cause floods, close off several streets, and make freeway driving a bit more hair-raising than usual.

March 22, 2017 at 10:56 am

We’ve had a lot of rainy days here, lot of overcast skies. I do kind of like them but a break once in a while helps to appreciate them better. ;)

Floods Are Bad.

March 22, 2017 at 11:02 am

{{{basket}}} – I love rain at night – sleeping music :) What I don’t like is what we mostly get and that’s clouds with no rain. That’s a lose-lose as far as I’m concerned. Clouds cut into my electricity generation, no rain continues the drought. Glad you are having rain but hopefully not dangerous amounts of it. moar {{{HUGS}}}

March 22, 2017 at 12:00 pm

1.43 inches yesterday. That’s awesome. My only concern is when the spring run off happens. Until then, LET IT RAIN!

March 22, 2017 at 10:48 am

Also, how could I forget?

THANK YOU MOMENTARY GRACE FOR THIS WONDERFUL HUMP DAY DIARY

March 22, 2017 at 10:59 am

{{{{{{{{{basket}}}}}}}}}
    March 22, 2017 at 11:10 am

Good morning fellow Pond Dwellers. 50 and raining still. We got almost two inches yesterday. It’s definitely an improvement over drought years. Except for the weeds which are everywhere. I need to find a gardener. I’ve added weeding to the things I’m resisting this year.

March 22, 2017 at 11:30 am

Let the #Purrsistance help you, WYgal…

8. MomentaryGrace
    March 22, 2017 at 2:44 pm

March 22, 2017 at 2:50 pm

They’re assuming Chelsea will run for Prez in 2020 and mess up jsfv’s chances just like her mother did.

March 22, 2017 at 3:05 pm

So basically jsfv can only be elected/win when the field is cleared for him. Who was yelling about a coronation again?

March 22, 2017 at 3:08 pm

jsfv’s supporters are the mirror image of pvl45’s supporters – right down to the prevalence of projection in their accusations. {{{basket}}}

9. reesetheone
    March 22, 2017 at 9:33 pm

Late check in….. outstanding post! Crazy news day huh?

March 23, 2017 at 11:28 am

Very much so! {{{{reese}}}}}

10. VonsterTX
    March 24, 2017 at 1:10 am

Great shot Mo! Thanks 4 the Chelsea bombs. She’s the second Clinton woman those fools are scared of and should be. I saw her in ’08 with her mom, albeit briefly. She was all confidence and a megawatt smile like her folks. She was dressed in red like her mom and I said then..oh hell, there’s the legacy! She slayed even back then.

Duran Duran endures! LeBon, dark poet & deep well. 💖