It Takes A Village – VNV Monday: We the People – 4/17/17

Grass Roots Activism- Our salvation

This week post will be short due to illness and PC Issues:

The continue dismantling of regulations and rules enacted to protect the most vernable continues with the resolution  to let states not fund planned parenthood.

We drop the Mother of all bombs on a another Nation of Color, shades of Doctor Strange Love.

Vagina Grabber In Chief wants to ride in a Carriage when he visits Britain.

7 executions in a role, what have we become as a nation.

Resistance Continues:

Thousands March for The Vagina Grabber In Chief ‘s Tax return

30 comments for “It Takes A Village – VNV Monday: We the People – 4/17/17

1. inkaudlay
    April 17, 2017 at 8:06 am

Thanks, Philly!

Hope you (and your PC) feel better soon!

April 17, 2017 at 11:20 am

{{{inkaudlay}}} – happy to see you, if only for the moment before I get back to work. moar {{{HUGS}}}

April 17, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Hey, Inks. Nice to see you this wet and wild morning (for me, anyway).

2. wordsinthewind
    April 17, 2017 at 8:26 am

hope you get to feeling better soon Philly76, in the meantime thanks for posting this morning.

April 17, 2017 at 11:22 am

{{{wordsinthewind}}} – hope the winds are a lot calmer today than they were last week.

April 17, 2017 at 10:50 am

{{{Philly}}} – Healing Energy as you need it for everything you need it.

We have always had this Evil strain – this racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, isolationist, Puritanical authoritarian stain – sometimes underlaying, sometimes overlaying (like now) the very Good, Loving, and Generous goals that make up the American Dream. Every time we’ve made progress towards that “Shining City on the Hill” the Evil Ones have risen up to push us back. The greater the progress made at a time (like a Black president for instance) the greater the pushback. I don’t have to like it to acknowledge it. I had hoped, we all in the Villages and most Americans had hoped, to see that progress furthered and more codified before the pushback hit. We almost made it – almost 3 million more popular votes proves it – and being that close is part of why this Evil seems so very Evil. But only part – these people are Evil. The evil they do and continue trying to do will always be bad. But like Hillary we will tend our wounds then get up and get back to work – blocking now, pushing back soon, making more progress in the future. {{{Moose Villagers}}}

• wordsinthewind
      April 17, 2017 at 11:28 am

thanks bfitz, you know whenever I get really down in the dumps one of your comments will show up with your positive attitude to remind what I could be doing instead of feeling sorry for myself. I can’t thank you enough for always reaching out, it makes more of a difference than you probably think

April 17, 2017 at 5:04 pm

Thank you. I’m glad it helps. Basically I have to do it. Sometimes I am only hanging onto that “positive attitude” by teeth and toenails, but if I didn’t I’d be too depressed to do anything except sit staring off into space. So I look at history, especially the stuff we now take for granted – like winning WWII – that most certainly wasn’t taken for granted at the time. I remember the stories my momma told me – she was 11 when Pearl Harbor was attacked so old enough to pay attention and be part of the “home front” – the everybody doing what they could no matter how small a part they could play, the fear and prayers for the family members overseas, the knowing what it meant when the black sedan drove up to the house down the street and the blue star in the window was changed to a gold one… the rallying around. My daddy in the Pacific in early part of the war and the European Theater later. My great uncle who left for his National Guard post on 12/7/41 and didn’t get home until 1946. The whole “we seen our duty and we dood it” attitude of ordinary people getting through an extraordinary time.

And then I bring the strength of my momma’s and grandma’s generation to The Village. Because we are now the ordinary people trying to get through an extraordinary time. And we will, just like they did. Doing our duty to be best of our abilities, whatever those abilities happen to be.

April 17, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Morning, bfitz. I mentioned in squirrel that it would be hard for a great media to keep up, let alone what we have now. I remain optimistic that most of tRump’s campaign will be indicted and the Orange Shitgibbon will resign (much like Nixon, but he’ll want a pardon and a golden handshake). North Korea is this week’s shiny object meant to distract us from Trumprussia.

Unfortunately, we are a country that demands instant gratification and this is “taking too long”. Watergate took longer. We just weren’t aware of it until the end. So, I try to stay the course. Do my resisting and keep being as patient and optimistic as I can be.

April 17, 2017 at 5:07 pm

{{{WYgalinCali}}} – i don’t even know what to hope for right now – so I put out all the good, loving, kind, positive Energy I can and leave it to the Universe to best apply it.

April 17, 2017 at 12:43 pm

{{{{{{{{{{bfitzinAR}}}}}}}}}
      I too saw the inevitability of a pushback when Barack Obama became our 44th President. It hit with its first wave immediately, and had been in the works for a long time, from the Presidency of Bill Clinton at minimum. Hillary had the best chance of countering it, and we were so close.

It’s definitely a long term struggle, one which has been going on since this country was founded with the declaration of all men being created equal, yet depending on slavery for its economy.

We can’t complain that it isn’t easily defeated in a few months or even years. It’s the struggle for the soul of a nation.

April 17, 2017 at 12:53 pm

{{{{MomentaryGrace}}}}

April 17, 2017 at 5:15 pm

{{{{{MomentaryGrace]}}}} – this struggle has been going on since before we were a nation. We’ve made a lot of progress compared to then. We have so much more to make it’s depressing sometimes. But we have made a lot of progress, even if there’s always the pushback. Each generation cuts new paths. Those paths are still there when we’re pushed back. So the next group can re-cover the progress of the previous generation much more quickly than those cutting the path in the first place. And once they’ve done so, they start the slow and hard work of cutting the next part of the path. The light the Hermit is holding still guides us – and shines all the brighter in the darkest times. moar {{{HUGS}}}

April 17, 2017 at 11:19 am

Good morning, Pond Dwellers! Sorry to hear that you and your PC have caught something. I hope it doesn’t last long. It was a “relief” of sorts to read a tweet from Cecile Richards that stated they haven’t lost funding yet. Blue states won’t remove the PP funding to different clinics. Unfortunately, red states probably will.

I was fortunate to march on Saturday. Considering it was pre-Easter, there was a good turnout. I can’t post pics here but take my word for it. Some funny signs. It appeared to have pissed off the Orange Shitgibbon. That’s a good thing.

Showers today in Sacramento. Projected high of 64. Winter is trying to hold on but spring is coming this weekend with highs in the mid 70’s by Friday. Time to refill the cup.

April 17, 2017 at 12:00 pm

I look forward to reading your post tomorrow!!
      Also, I sent you a DM – parcel arrived safely. Thank you!

April 17, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Yay! I was trying my hardest to stay off of the internet over the weekend, so I didn’t make note of your DM until this morning. Go forth and read…!

April 17, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Good morning, DoReMi. That sounds like an interesting and time consuming diary. Whatever you do, I’m sure it will be awesome.

April 17, 2017 at 12:56 pm

I used to think that people who said most of our current problems stem from slavery were engaging in hyperbole; now I tend to agree with that statement.

The problem is (well one of them) that white people as a general rule all see that statement as hyperbole at first. It can’t be true. If it were, wouldn’t they have taught us so in school?

Of course the answer is, no, they wouldn’t.

History is written by the victor in most cases, however in the case of the Civil War, in some ways there was no real victor, only a cessation of open hostilities. Mistakes were made on both sides, egged on by anger, revenge, and of course, the root of the whole abomination, greed.

I understand not having time, so I will look forward to your post on the subject whenever you have time to write it, be that tomorrow or any time in the future.

April 17, 2017 at 7:10 pm

{{{DoReMI}}} – always look forward to your posts. This subject is truly heavy and truly needs to be addressed. My momma used to say you can only hold somebody down in a ditch if you’re down there with them. We as a nation will not get out of the ditch until white folks face racism, acknowledge it, and work on healing it. Then we can help each other get out of the ditch. As long as we are in denial, we are also in the ditch.

I don’t know how to divide it up and tackle it piecemeal but considering the size and scope of the subject I hope you can figure out how to. The myth of the good north and bad south is one my mother grew up with and most Americans outside the south subscribe to. Truth is, white folks in every state were and still are racists. Some of them didn’t believe in slavery, some did – but they were all white supremists. And unfortunately a very large number of them still are. And even the ones that aren’t resist the concept of systemic racism and white privilege – especially the latter. So we’ve got work to do and anything you can do to help is, well, part of The Resistance.

April 17, 2017 at 11:27 am

Morning, Meeses Peeps!

First week of work under a new manager (was asked last week if I’d be interested in joining the dev team that I work with… Said I would be interested in trying it out) and will see how that goes.

April 17, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Hey, basket! Hope this new manager turns out to be a good thing. You never know how personnel changes will turn out. Enjoy our next two days of showers. It’s headed to mid 70’s by the end of the week.

April 17, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Hi hi basket! Sounds like it could be a good thing, development is/can be creative and exciting. Good wishes for a positive experience. ♥♥♥♥♥

{{{{basket}}}}
      April 17, 2017 at 7:43 pm

{{{basket}}} – seriously Holding The Good Thought for the work situation. New managers and new teams can be wonderful, horrible, or anything in between – being pragmatic am Focusing on the wonderful end of in between. moar {{{HUGS}}}

6. MomentaryGrace
    April 17, 2017 at 1:05 pm

Thank you Philly76. I hope you are doing better as soon as possible. May the Goddess Computa bless your “outside brain” and improve its functions. :)

7. kathy from pa
    April 17, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Hi friends, greetings to one and all. Here in windy Atlanta we lost a second interstate today, only one more to go. And a toxic spill on the downtown Connector. I think we need to start sacrificing SUV’s to the infrastructure gods. But of course we just opened a swanky new baseball stadium and have a swankier football stadium almost done. Republican government, all in for the rich guys

April 17, 2017 at 6:33 pm

oh hai kathy from pa! I love your sacrifice idea as long as the vehicles are empty. ;)

April 17, 2017 at 7:47 pm

{{{kathy from pa}}} – I often dream of suvs self-destructing when there’s nobody in them. Sacrificing is probably a better idea. And R’s hate facts and the fact they hate most is that tax breaks to bring in big bidness – especially sports related – is a big money suck out of the community and out of the revenue stream for government at all levels.

April 17, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Morning meeses…

Hey Philly…Sorry to hear there is something going around and unluckily you and your computer both caught it…Hope you’re both feeling better shortly…and thanks for the thread.

April 17, 2017 at 7:49 pm

{{{Batch}}} glad you dropped by even if I wasn’t here to greet you. Got several diaries I need to get started over at DK (how did I get into this again?) but hope I’ll have a minute or two to visit Squirrel Village before I log off tonight. moar {{{HUGS}}}