It takes a village: “are you a democrat?” “NO.”

It’s way past time for me to stop taking DUDE seriously.

IM DONE WITH HIM FOLKS…… NOT GONNA TRY ANYMORE. I DONT SUPPORT NON DEMOCRATS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

This is your Thursday thread.

34 comments for “It takes a village: “are you a democrat?” “NO.”

April 20, 2017 at 9:49 am

Thank you, RTO. I think you’ve captured the anger that is brewing quite nicely. And while some of this is a Twitter phenomena (the bluntness required by 140 characters enables that), I’ve been seeing glimpses of it in my day-to-day life too. I’m just not sure anyone is listening.

2. shenagig
    April 20, 2017 at 10:49 am

Whoa I’m here early…thanks reese…I’m right there with you…the head of Democratic outreach is not a Democrat?…how does that work?…as someone said on the DK this so called unity tour is simply the DNC paying for his rallies…I after his speeches the people attending start some kind of anti Democratic cheer…can’t remember what…anyone?…

April 20, 2017 at 11:34 am

“lock Her Up” or “He would’ve won?”

April 20, 2017 at 12:13 pm

• shenagig
        April 20, 2017 at 1:00 pm

“He could have won” I believe…thanks

April 20, 2017 at 11:13 am

Good morning, Reese and thanks for the thread. I am so against that sack of hot wind, that I can’t see his face without triggering. I’m glad to see some pushback at the 🍊but not nearly enough. He’s NOT A DEMOCRAT nor is he helping get democrats elected. Twitter is finally coming around. #StopTheBern.

Nice and sunny today. Expected high of 69.

April 20, 2017 at 11:31 am

{{{rto}}} – Thanks for the diary/post/roundup. Well, the world is finally taking notice and about time. That Maya Angelou quote, “When someone tells you who they are, believe them the first time” applies just as much to jsfv as it does/did to pvl45. Not-a-Dem may or may not have a good idea from time to time. He’s never had a possible pathway to achieve what might or might not be a good idea once you think about it. Not-a-Dem is now spouting and always has spouted the same WmWC “Revolution” crap that was popular in the 1960s where he picked it up. Using the labor of women and people of color to put more white men into the $100K+ category has never been a selling message to women and people of color (also known as the Dem base).

Checking in between meeting prep and meetings. Back when I can. {{{Moose Villagers}}}

April 20, 2017 at 11:36 am

Twitter seems to be catching on. Hopefully, the DNC will, too. Morning, bfitz. Don’t work too hard on your pre-Friday.

5. reesetheone
    April 20, 2017 at 11:51 am

A balmy 70 degrees in Chicago metro… hi guys!

The Washington post did a piece about his strange behavior this morning… it’s not strange if you were paying attention last year.

April 20, 2017 at 11:52 am

Morning meese….Thanks bro…I’m standing shoulder to shoulder with you against Bernie…

#StopTheBern

April 20, 2017 at 11:57 am

I’m so angry right now, I’m going to have to correct you, Batch.

#FuckBernie

April 20, 2017 at 12:51 pm

:O

April 20, 2017 at 1:41 pm

{{{Batch}}} – I am solidly behind duct-taping his mouth shut until we can ship him back to VT. Whether they want him or not, he’s theirs.

April 20, 2017 at 11:52 am

Hubris run amok (be sure to click on the link):

• shenagig
      April 20, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Some work 3 decades ago?…OMG well that is still much more than The Bern has done in the same amount of time…

8. reesetheone
    April 20, 2017 at 11:59 am

• reesetheone
      April 20, 2017 at 11:59 am

It’s one hell of a thread.

9. reesetheone
    April 20, 2017 at 1:43 pm

It appears jason from utah is in a world of trouble guys!

April 20, 2017 at 2:11 pm

#jasoninthedoghouse ?

10. shenagig
    April 20, 2017 at 1:52 pm

Melissa McEwin has two very interesting pieces today…I will keep writing about Hillary
    And Where’s Obama?
    Both excellent…

• shenagig
      April 20, 2017 at 1:54 pm

Obama has become very inconvenient for a lot of Democrats. Because we all know Clinton was going to be a president very much like he was—and if they say anything positive about him or his presidency, it exposes that the primary objection to Clinton wasn’t. fucking. policy.

They’re effectively disowning the nation’s first Black president in order to conceal their misogyny toward the party’s first woman nominee.

April 20, 2017 at 2:48 pm

{{{shenagig}}} – OK, the “I will keep writing about Hillary” brought tears. Bless Melissa. They think they can erase us. Not this time, em effers. Not this time.

11. reesetheone
    April 20, 2017 at 1:53 pm

Messila McEwin does it again…right on topic…Where’s Obama

That’s some really good stuff. Thanks shenagig!

• shenagig
      April 20, 2017 at 1:55 pm

oops I posted that twice…oh well worth seeing twice…

12. JanF
    April 20, 2017 at 2:04 pm

I am glad I am not the only one who is irritated with the hosts of the various MSNBC shows. Their cheerleading let Sandersism linger way too long last year:

Dems can’t even focus on GA-06 without Bernie kneecapping them with the help of his dutiful manservant Chris Hayes.

April 20, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Thanks Reese. Scarce today but just popping in to say hello. And {{{DoReMI}}}

April 20, 2017 at 3:03 pm

{{{basket}}} – take care of yourself.

14. shenagig
    April 20, 2017 at 2:16 pm

More goodies…Fuck Bernie Fucking Sanders

Let’s get something straight: Dems are not “divided.” We don’t have an “identity crisis.” What we have is an extremist fringe faction, just like the other side has. The GOP’s biggest mistake was giving their lunatic fringe a seat at their table. Now it’s taken over the asylum. At least we could pass our own health care bill.

15. reesetheone
    April 20, 2017 at 2:24 pm

16. reesetheone
    April 20, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Whoops! Disregard last post.

17. kathy from pa
    April 20, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Hi guys, I wish we could impeach Tom Perez. I don’t think he is a bad person, but he’s helping Bernie destroy the whole party. Does anyone know if there are other party officials that we can pressure? I do think more people are waking up to the danger but a lot of damage is being done. I totally agree with Fuck Bernie Sanders

April 20, 2017 at 5:26 pm

{{{kathy from pa}}} – not sure he has a choice. Chuck Schumer appt’d jsfv as Dem outreach or something to get him out of DC so he’d stop fraternizing with pvl45. Nothing but duct tape and shipping him back to VT is going to do any good at this point. Leave him in DC, he cuts deals with the R administration. Take him on the road, he trashes the party.

18. Lisa
    April 20, 2017 at 11:35 pm

Thanks, Reese, as always.
    I am really hoping that some Bernie folks are open minded enough to start questioning their blind support. But I think they are as fact-challenged as the Rs. I have a friend who accused me of lying because I said Bernie enriched himself while in office, trading on his political fame and using the proceeds to buy himself a $600,000 holiday house; and that by his silence Bernie supported violence of his followers — those look like true statements to me! He also suggested that calling Planned Parenthood “the establishment” wasn’t meant to be dissing them, but merely pointing out that they are part of the Democratic structure. Yeah, that’s right, he was just thanking them for all those years of service… sure.