It Takes A Village: VNV Wednesday – The Stand

The Village News & Views June 14, 2017
Wednesday Get Over the Hump Free for All

Greetings, Village Meese. It’s Day 146 of the Resistance and time for another Get Over the Hump post and discussion thread. Today has been designated Stop #TrumpCare National Senate Call-In Day by Indivisible.

I know you have been hearing a lot about this on Village threads and elsewhere. You know why.

This is not the first nor will it be the last time we are faced with legislation that Republican-majority Congress expects to pass which will not only not be helpful for anyone other than millionaires and billionaires and their GOP minions, but will actively harm a significant number of American citizens.

Can we stop it?

I don’t think it is possible to say for certain yes or no, but we definitely need to do everything we can to try.

This is a definite, specific call to action.

In addition, if you have any thoughts about the secretive process the Republicans are using, any thoughts about what the Affordable Care Act has meant to you or someone you know, or any beliefs or stories you think you would like to share, please feel free to do that.

Here we go!

WTFJH yesterday…  Day 145: Haxored.

Wonkette… Senate Bans Reporters While It Strangles Obamacare. Nothing To See Here. Literally

Shakesville… Keep Dialing for Healthcare

The New York Times… The Senate Hides Its Trumpcare Bill Behind Closed Doors

Thank you for your patience. Love and peace, Village! Enjoy your Wednesday gathering.

We are #StrongerTogether

We are #TheResistance and #WePersist

All are welcome!

……..

JUST IN: Shooting incident at practice for Congressional charity baseball game.

Majority Whip Steve Scalise hit, others injured. Suspect in custody.

thehill.com/…

www.nytimes.com/…

www.cnn.com/…

There’s a front page story at DK also.

www.dailykos.com/…

32 comments for “It Takes A Village: VNV Wednesday – The Stand

1. MomentaryGrace
    June 14, 2017 at 9:10 am

I’m going to hide here where I can’t inadvertently publish someone else’s diary. And yes, wow, this is going to be a very weird day….

June 14, 2017 at 10:03 am

I’ve done that before – and actually I published yours. When I looked in the queue at DK this morning it looked like yours was scheduled to publish at 8 pm (which may nor may not be true as my eyes are a bit fuzzy) so I posted it. yup, weird day. I’ve changed the title on mine to “ignore published by accident” and I’ll create a new one for Friday (or actually copy the “blank” into a new draft for Friday – WYgalinCali hadn’t added teh tweets yet anyway since it was for Friday). moar {{{HUGS}}}

June 14, 2017 at 10:13 am

{{{{{{{{{{bfitzinAR}}}}}}}}}

I’d love to crawl back in bed today and pretend there was no news media for 1 day. Is that wrong? ^^;;

June 14, 2017 at 10:46 am

Not sure about the crawling back into bed part – but it would be quite healthy of you to ignore the news media for a day. Truly the only thing you need is “action items” that you can actually do. As with any war, if you stress yourself out following too closely the things you can’t do anything about, you won’t be able to do the things you can. moar {{{HUGS}}}

June 14, 2017 at 10:42 am

Yeah, I looked at that and thought to myself “At least she could’ve added tweets”. More coffee for all.

June 14, 2017 at 10:17 am

OK – somebody showed me how to unpublish so I did and deleted the diary so there’d be a “fresh” one for Friday. Once a diary’s been published it won’t show up on the sidebar if republished later.

June 14, 2017 at 10:21 am

Cool! I’m betting only the author can do this…? I might need to know how from you some day… ;)

June 14, 2017 at 2:37 pm

As far as i know only the author can do it. But it’s possible a community Admin might be able to as well. Basically you have to have permissions to edit the diary after it posts – you pull it back into edit/draft mode and on the sidebar there should be a button to unpublish. Took me a minute to find it.

June 14, 2017 at 9:42 am

Good morning Moose Dwellers and thanks for the humpday diary. I will hide over here with you (at least long enough to comment). You are not the first one who has unintentionally posted a diary. I remember bfitz did it once, IIRC.

I can’t believe how the RW is already claiming the left has started a war with them (without even knowing the political leanings of the shooter). It’s just as likely that a republican voter, affected by the AHCA, did the shooting. Or somebody with mental problems hoping for “suicide by cop”. People should be careful about jumping to conclusions or assuming (since neither are beneficial to the investigation). I am glad there weren’t any deaths and they arrested the shooter. Now off to get some of that nectar called coffee. 91 for our high today.

June 14, 2017 at 10:19 am

{{{{{{{{{{{WYgalinCali}}}}}}}}}}}

The political leanings of the shooter don’t matter. That’s thing #1.

Yes, there are people on the Right who are already blaming us for this incident. They are paranoid and scared all the time anyway, that is why they are so hateful.

Violence sends ripples of shock and pain. Some respond to that by lashing out.

Sending white and rainbow light out to everyone. Because love has no limit, knows no “sides”, stops at no boundary.

Blessed be, all my friends, I’m sending an extra measure to you.

June 14, 2017 at 10:40 am

Thanks, MG. True, the political party shouldn’t matter but I’m afraid the RWNJ will make it part of the story. What an awful event for everyone (and thanks for the extra light). {{{HUGS}}}

June 14, 2017 at 9:46 am

{{{MomentaryGrace}}} – Not sure how much good calling daily does since they know it’s the same person calling, but what the heck. I’ll give them another ringy-dingy. It would be nice if I had at least one Dem to support rather than all bloody-reds to oppose. sigh. At least my state legislature rep is Dem. And my mayor. Anyway, to the fray. 4 phone calls – 2 local and 2 to DC – will only make a difference if a whole lot of other folks from AR are making them, too. Not likely, of course, but I live in hope. :)

I doubt this country will ever be sane about guns but it would be nice if it became saner. sigh. Holding the Good Thought for the victims of the shooting – and lots more Good Thoughts for those victims of shootings that don’t make the national news. Gotta get to work. {{{Moose Villagers}}}

June 14, 2017 at 10:03 am

Too many forgotten victims, for sure. Somebody on Twitter claimed it is the Orange Shitgibbon’s Birthday. I doubt this will bother him at all. He will be too busy enjoying his big, beautiful cake. I’m just hoping that it’s not laid at the feet of the resistance. Have a good day, bfitz.

June 14, 2017 at 10:06 am

{{{WYgalinCali}}} – of course we’ll be blamed for it. There’s already a tweet or comment or something out there saying the shooter asked if the players were Rs or Dems. But our team doesn’t shoot people. Projection is their 1st go-to under practically any circumstances.

June 14, 2017 at 10:26 am

Thank you for those calls, bfitz. Unless the congress people are stupid, they all count. The fact that some of us are calling multiple times is just another type of indicator.

I’d be surprised if they all aren’t sensitized to all forms of feedback today.

June 14, 2017 at 10:53 am

Sensitized enough to admit the Senate bill hasn’t been written yet – and to assure me (probably untruthfully) that once it is written it will go through the normal course of hearings, etc. That was Tom Cotton’s DC staffer BTW – I told him that’s not what McConnell is saying and to vote NO on everything as it stands.

June 14, 2017 at 11:20 am

Wow, good to get that much of a response!

4. MomentaryGrace
    June 14, 2017 at 11:20 am

I am NOT promoting this but you may as well get it here since you will see it eventually.

June 14, 2017 at 11:23 am

Again, not promoting! Informing so you can be prepared.

June 14, 2017 at 11:32 am

Just what we didn’t need. (Although I’m not going to bet that it’s true, either.) But I will go so far as to say – 1) most folks say shooters were “quiet” and they never suspected the violence and 2) Extreme Left = Extreme Right but not as violent which means not as many who are violent. sigh.

June 14, 2017 at 11:44 am

I’ve never been happy about the “revolution” rhetoric. Bleh.

June 14, 2017 at 12:33 pm

Really. double bleh.

June 14, 2017 at 12:29 pm

And now I’m either going on a media blackout today or immersing myself in Basset hound memes, gifs, and photos.

June 14, 2017 at 12:46 pm

How was Wonder Woman?

{{{DoReMI}}}

June 14, 2017 at 12:59 pm

I loved it. I hadn’t read any plot spoilers, but I had read spoilers of some of the emotional beats. I thought that might diminish the experience for me, but it didn’t in the least. I managed to keep my tears to the minimum in the theatre, but I sobbed all the way home. I never thought I’d have that reaction, but the representation of so many strong, powerful, compassionate, moral women just blew me away. It brought home so directly how rare it is to see women represented that way. It brought home what a disservice we do to women and girls by neglecting those representations. It made me want to visit Themyscira. It made me remember the power of love. Just so much that was good…I want to see it again. I want it to be real.

June 14, 2017 at 1:39 pm

I’m glad you loved it! Will be going today to catch it.

June 14, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Nothing much to say today. Just {{{Villagers}}}

June 14, 2017 at 1:41 pm

{{{basket}}} – and Healing Energy. We could all use some. moar {{{HUGS}}}

June 14, 2017 at 2:04 pm

I hope no one expects serious content from me today.

June 14, 2017 at 2:11 pm

LOL!!!!

June 14, 2017 at 3:33 pm

This is what I wish I was doing:

This is why I need to stay ignore social media today; current mood:

June 14, 2017 at 3:59 pm