TGIF!

Morning meese!

The Goppers, all of them are assholes…full stop! I’m putting Bozo and the rose brigade in with the goppers since that’s what they are.

We used to have a great country,still do, before Russia installed their choice as president and the goppers wholeheartedly are ok with it. They’re all in it up to their eyeballs…Fuck them all!

Mr Mueller…Please hurry up!

Never a more true statement has ever been uttered.

LOL

Fire away!

Batch

64, Life long Democrat...Kossack ex-pat...fed up with the puritanical leftists wanting to destroy our Party.

17 comments for “TGIF!

1. January 19, 2018 at 8:08 am

Hiya, Batch!

Thanks for today’s post. Mueller time, Mueller time, when will you arrive?

Re Sessions, can’t we put that elf on the shelf? Doesn’t Thing want to get rid of him?

January 19, 2018 at 9:24 am

{{{Batch}}} TGIF to you, too. The Rs in Congress have decided mad king donald’s temper tantrums work. basically they’re saying “if you won’t let us beat up on (blacks, brown, immigrants, non-Xtians, gays…), we’re gonna close the government – and it’s your fault!” At this point I don’t know if we’ll get the political capital off a government shut down that some folks believe but I know it has to be done. It may not work to get CHIP and DACA and aid to Puerto Rico – but it’s our only chance and we’ve got to try. Although in a sense that’s easy for me to say – I could live on what I’ve got in the bank for at least 2 months (thanks to the university paying me for my unused vacation & my Social Security hitting last Wednesday) – it’s gonna be hard, possibly worse than hard, on folks whose checks haven’t hit yet. I’ve never been in the “you should sacrifice for our greater good” camp. We shall see what we shall see. moar {{{HUGS}}}

January 19, 2018 at 9:36 am

Morning, bfitz. I read that if you’re on direct deposit, those checks continue even during a shutdown. A lot of folks have their funds on debit cards, so they’ll be ok, too.

January 19, 2018 at 10:51 am

{{{WYgal}}} – I hope that’s correct for the folks who receive them but I know that my university had to “run” payroll even though we are now on direct deposit or debit card – no paper checks for the regular payroll (do still have them for special situations). If payroll doesn’t “run” 5 days before pay day then pay checks are not deposited. sigh. moar {{{HUGS}}}

January 19, 2018 at 9:34 am

Good morning, Meese and thanks, Batch. That tweet about releasing the memo is so true. Assuming they used facts (which is probably why the Dems might not want it released) why not release it?. On twitter, I counted only two sitting reps that tweeted about it and one that was interviewed. You’d think there’d be a whole bunch calling for it if it was true. I can’t believe the lengths Nunes and company are going to in order to deflect about everything Trumprussia.

Back to my diary. I have a dental appointment this afternoon. I hope I don’t get Claudia, the hygienist from Hell.

January 19, 2018 at 10:55 am

Oh & great diary, as usual. Good luck with the dentist office. moar {{{HUGS}}}

January 19, 2018 at 11:27 am

Thanks, bfitz. Here’s hoping no Claudia. {{{HUGS}}}

January 19, 2018 at 11:09 am

Did Claudia attend the Marquis de Sade School for Dental Hygienists?

January 19, 2018 at 11:28 am

I believe she must have. 😂

January 19, 2018 at 11:08 am

Morning, Meesefolk, and thank you, Batch! The DOJ request to the Supreme Court will be interesting to watch, particularly in light of the SCOTUS decision to stay the redrawing of NCs maps. Although the stay is a blow to fair elections, the decision did not overturn the ruling altogether; it effectively said their isn’t enough time to change the lines before the 2018 elections. With that in mind, as well as this…:

…it’s up to far smarter people than me to guess if SCOTUS will jump on this request or not.

January 19, 2018 at 11:33 am

That was my take on that story last night. Sometimes people read headlines and not the article. I think they’re going slower because they realize the ramifications for gerrymandering and they want to get it right. I read it could be October before that decision is released so it makes sense to send NC back. If the rule against Wisconsin, then the decision against NC would be upheld and the SC wouldn’t rule on it. I’m slightly optimistic that we will see an end to gerrymandering in my lifetime.

January 19, 2018 at 11:46 am

I hope you’re right, although that does not mean I’m in favor of you having a short lifetime!

January 19, 2018 at 1:05 pm

I’m thinking I have a few more decades. Maybe more.

January 19, 2018 at 12:13 pm

{{{DoReMI}}} – considering the makeup of the Court, probably the fewer cases they hear the better. Definitely holding the Good Thought for the good health of our stalwart 4 and even the “swing” Kennedy (and sometimes Roberts even) – at least until we can take back the Senate.

and since you had a lot to do with today’s DK Village diary as well – good job! :) moar {{{HUGS}}}

January 19, 2018 at 1:06 pm

Like just about everything.

January 19, 2018 at 12:50 pm

Hey meese…

You can wear it around your neck Trump…

January 19, 2018 at 1:04 pm

I hope everyone is tagging him and retweeting. Jackass.