It Takes A Village: VNV Wednesday Super Hero Edition

The Village News & Views April 26, 2017
Wednesday Get Over the Hump Free for All

Hi everyone! I’m FalseEquivalence Avenger, and this is my partner, DemBase Sheero!

Your regular blogger, MomentaryGrace was wiped out by work last night so she asked us to fill in for her today. We understand that you inhabit a metropolis known as The Village at Moose Pond and that you might be expecting tweets and cat memes. We will do our best to accomplish the mission.

It’s Day 97 of the Resistance. It seems you good people of the Village at Moose Pond, along with all the heroes in your world are battling against a supervillain known as The Punch Line, who has a not-so-secret identity as a bogus billionaire and would-be fascist dictator.

According to the mission briefing we received from MomentaryGrace, The Punch Line has managed to become President with the aid of his conniving henchmen (and women) and a deeply entrenched Legion of Doom, Obstruction and Menace, at the behest of some shadowy foreign mastermind, by duping some of the people some of the time and energizing the baser natures of a portion of the populace. That is truly a diabolical scheme!

DemBase Sheero tells me that you have been fighting hard against the evil foes and pushing back in the face of incredible odds. Fellow heroes, we salute your courage!

And now, for some links, a few tweets, and of course….

WTFJH yesterday…

What The Fuck Just Happened Today – April 24

Wonkette…

New Orleans Removes Confederate Statues! Wingnuts Totally Reasonable About It, As You’d Expect!

GothamGirlBlue at medium.com…

Wherein I Try And Probably Fail To Save the Democratic Party.

The Root…

What Happened to Your Revolution, Bernie Sanders?

Melaka at Daily Kos…

They’re Coming for the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Melissa McEwan at Shakesville…

On Hillary Clinton’s Beautiful Refusal to “Go Away”

Tweets after the break….

Heroes can be found anywhere…

Thank you for your patience. Love and peace, Village! Enjoy your Wednesday gathering.

We are #StrongerTogether

We are #TheResistance and #WePersist

All are welcome!

FalseEquivalence Avenger and DemBase Sheero were played by Trixibelle and Nikki Knight, super hero avatars for myself and VonsterTX on the now gone but never forgotten MMORPG, City of Heroes. Graphics from screenshots used without permission.

49 comments for “It Takes A Village: VNV Wednesday Super Hero Edition

1. inkaudlay
    April 26, 2017 at 8:17 am

Thanks, FalseEquivalence Avenger and DemBase Sheero! You did Momentary Grace proud.

April 26, 2017 at 8:45 am

Aw shucks! I mean… Excelsior! {{{{{{{inkaudlay}}}}}}}

April 26, 2017 at 10:52 am

At DK, this post would lead to accusations of sock-puppetry, but here secret identities are safe ;) But now I want a superhero persona!

April 26, 2017 at 12:43 pm

Describe yourself as a super hero or heroine (either gender) and I will make you an avatar…. ;)

April 26, 2017 at 3:34 pm

Ha! I’ve been trying to think of one all day, but failing. I’m more wonk than activist; I’m detail-oriented rather than big picture; and my mild online manner hides a volcanic temper. Does that suggest anything to you?

April 26, 2017 at 3:53 pm

Many things! :D Now, some physicals – tall or short? Male or female (you can be anyone)? Hair color? Length? Build – slight, muscular, normal?

April 26, 2017 at 4:13 pm

Let’s see…female; for the rest, basically every pleasant grandmother you’ve ever seen on a TV sitcom. Brown hair that has been infiltrated with grey, normal build with maybe just a “few” extra pounds of padding, average height. Sort of Diane Keaton trending towards Betty White…

April 26, 2017 at 5:54 pm
                April 26, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Squeeeeeeeeeeeee (breath) Squeeeeeeeeeee!!! Thank you!

April 26, 2017 at 6:49 pm

You like? Oh good! I was guessing on the hair length. The glasses are intended to imply “detail oriented” and I posed you in an academic setting. ;)

You need a name. Lava Lass? Meticulosa? :D

April 26, 2017 at 4:50 pm

LOL, I think I just described Hillary!

April 26, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Made this a while back…

April 26, 2017 at 11:12 am

Good morning, FalseEquivalence Avenger and DemBase Sheero (Hai, MomentaryGrace). What a delightful, out of the norm, diary. Loved both your contributions today.

I got a text last night that my Discover card had been used to buy $1500 worth of clothing. Um, no. That wasn’t me. So, I had to shred my card and change my auto pay on my car insurance and Hulu account. It annoys me because I’m so careful with statements (they don’t have the whole number but I shred anyway). My daughter says maybe somebody got ahold of promo checks from my mailbox. Perhaps. Still annoying. Credit card companies have really stepped up in account monitoring, though.

Enough about that. I hope the WH meeting with the Senators will dispel the fear of war with NH. They aren’t doing anything different than they’ve done for years. Somehow, the Orange Shitgibbon has deemed only himself able to fix this. What a feather in his cap to bring down his alter ego in NK and show the world he’s the best president EVER. May god(dess) have mercy on us.

69 and a chance of showers in Sacramento. Stronger Together Forever!

April 26, 2017 at 11:22 am

I wonder if the Orange Shitgibbon has ever considered the people of South Korea? Wait, sorry…I had a moment where I thought he might think about someone other than himself.

April 26, 2017 at 11:45 am

I know, right? They’re the only ones who will get hurt in all of this. Was glad to see the THAAD missile defense system come in to provide SK with some protection. Of course, this was ordered during Obama’s term. I’m thinking it should deter NK from attempting to outright bomb them but NK has more military personnel then SK has (even counting our 20k). The POS known as tRump needs to STFU. Period.

• Batch
        April 26, 2017 at 12:06 pm

He thinks about Ivanka….But we won’t go into his lurid thoughts on that subject…Other than her, nope he doesn’t give a shit about anyone.

April 26, 2017 at 12:47 pm

Oh no! Gosh I hate those promo checks the bank and credit cards send again and again. I have never used one and I try to always shred them. My statements… are piling up in a shoebox. That’s secure, right?? ^_^;;

The Popular Vote Loser A.K.A. The Punch Line said over and over he was the Only One who could save us. He didn’t say aloud “from me!” or show his fingers crossed behind his back. In either case, though, he will ultimate prove to be wrong, we will save ourselves (I hope!).

April 26, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Morning Ms. Avenger and DB Sheero…Nice to make your acquaintance…Awesome thread this morning ladies….Keep up the great work and say hi to Gracie for me…

Morning meese…79 and rather nice here in Tampa…

April 26, 2017 at 12:49 pm

MG has finally crawled out of bed and will be around soon after coffee…. ;)

Batch, what would your super hero name be?

PS you are the best at assigning shortened and nicknames!

• Batch
        April 26, 2017 at 1:35 pm

Thanks for the compliment Gracie…I’ll have to think about my SH name but you know it won’t be nice to Bernie or Dump…:)

April 26, 2017 at 2:14 pm

My immediate thought was FU-Man…:D

• Batch
            April 26, 2017 at 3:15 pm

FU-Man

April 26, 2017 at 3:57 pm

No-BS Guy… it works on multiple levels… ;)

Alternatively… Her Champion….

April 26, 2017 at 4:04 pm

Oh, I love No-BS Guy. It is Batch, and Batch is he!

• Batch
                  April 26, 2017 at 7:07 pm

No-BS Guy it is….My uniform will have to have an extra large cape to have

Fuck you Bernie and all the all the rest of FU’s to all the other damn morons that

I love so much…

April 26, 2017 at 12:17 pm

{{{MomentaryGrace}}} – this one’s much funnier than the one at DK. Creative freedom at the Moose Pond. :) Not sure about having a secret identity though. Even when I was active in the SCA my persona was basically me living in 7th century Ireland (as a member of the Irish Christian Religious community – which was one heck of a lot more egalitarian, at least by gender, than the Roman version of same). heh

This is being a very interrupted day but hope I can get back in a bit. {{{Moose Villagers}}}

April 26, 2017 at 12:52 pm

I have to ask if you were in the Stargate SCA group, considering your proximity?

Yes, I didn’t quite dare give DK the full treatment. My Trixibelle with HRC symbol on her chest was my avatar at DK though until I made my Village badge… ;)

May work be uneventful!

April 26, 2017 at 4:20 pm

I was active in johnson County, KS (KC, KS area) – the canton, now shire, of Cum An Iolar. It was beginning to outgrow what I’m comfortable with even before I left and now I don’t really know many of the folks involved any longer.

It’s sad that a site originally created to elect more Dems and seriously strong on community and stuff like that has gone the way it has. I hope Kos can get it back. But i’m not holding my breath.

Work is being work. lots of interruptions – although today, being “administrative professionals day” most of the interruptions are people dropping off candy or flowers to say how much they appreciate us. :::chuckle:::

April 26, 2017 at 6:01 pm

Okay good to know. :)

I was never in it but my sister was one of the founding members of Stargate… duchy?? no idea. I went to one event when I was a teen but none since.

Oooh candy and flowers!

Yes, I bet VonsterTX got taken to lunch today… ;)

There is no “contractor appreciation day”… :D

April 26, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Well, I need the candy like a hole in my head and the flowers have to practically be on the other side of the room or I react to them (I tell them I put the flowers where I can see them) – but the Chair took us to lunch for Thai food so that was good. I ate about 1/3 and will be making soup with the rest. :)

6. shenagig
    April 26, 2017 at 1:31 pm

lol love it just love thanks ladies…

April 26, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Our pleasure, shenagig!

April 26, 2017 at 1:42 pm

I knew as soon as I saw the image at the top that it was from City of Heroes!! :D

And that does sound like a Synapse/Positron briefing for the mission.. :D!

Sadly, I don’t think I have any screencaps of my characters any more…

April 26, 2017 at 3:52 pm

basket, what do you know about Paragon Chat?

April 26, 2017 at 4:41 pm

I’ve heard of it but I’m not registered there.

April 26, 2017 at 6:06 pm

Codewalker came up with a chat client that utilizes the CoH game software – it runs the game, but no mobs, no fighting (no game server), however users can create characters, play with the costume creator, and over time he added travel powers and we have access to all the game maps.

It’s bitter sweet but you can get into the game and interact with other folk who are using PC.

It assuages the homesickness a little, and for a time.

It’s how I made the avatar for DoReMI above ^^^

April 26, 2017 at 2:46 pm

This is a tax plan?

April 26, 2017 at 2:53 pm

By comparison:

• Batch
      April 26, 2017 at 3:18 pm

They have no damn idea what they are doing and are showing us every day that they are morons.

April 26, 2017 at 2:50 pm

And Pelosi has a primary challenger…

April 26, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Extreme Left = Extreme Right

• Batch
        April 26, 2017 at 3:20 pm

Extreme=lalaland…Where delusional whiners hang out.

April 26, 2017 at 3:37 pm

They really are determined to do as much damage as possible, aren’t they?

10. kathy from pa
    April 26, 2017 at 4:19 pm

Good afternoon everyone. I find it hard to believe that we’ve been living under this regime for less than 100 days. It feels like years and they keep rolling out new horrors. It seems like his horridness is on a mission to totally destroy this country if not the world. Yeah we need superheroes, a whole shitload of them

April 26, 2017 at 5:20 pm

{{{kathy from pa}}} – the time warp is how folks in WWII felt. And the kind of superheroes we need are pretty much the same sort of folks who ‘seen their duty and they dood it’ – everyday people who did whatever they could find to do in the crisis that was less than 4 years long but felt like a couple of lifetimes. moar {{{HUGS}}}

April 26, 2017 at 6:53 pm

Hi hi kathy from pa! Yes, it does feels like years, almost centuries.

There are heroes out there… and in here. I believe that.

11. reesetheone